Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

For my first blog entry, I would like to establish how I decided to become a blogger. For many years, I was very passionate about creative writing. Once I entered high school, all writing assignments were based on analyses of books or poems or short stories, which left little room for creativity. Since I no longer had writing as a creative outlet, I took up acting in my school's drama program. I went on in the program for a few years until I made it into the advanced class, Film Production. In this class we were able to learn about movies, as well as create our own. I fell in love with cinema during this class. I learned to see movies as a form of art, as opposed to just a form of entertainment. My mom told me I should start writing a blog to take up some of my downtime while I'm away at college, and I'm starting to believe she had a real good idea on her hands. I've decided my blog will simply be movie reviews. From the point of view of a freshman girl in college, who loves the art of movies, as well as the entertainment aspect. Forgive me if my writing seems too structured, I'm stuck in an essay writing format, but I'm hoping to change that through this process. Thank you very much, and I hope you enjoy my opinions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment